How To Know When You Need A New Heating System
A good heating system is one of the keys to surviving the winter months. If your HVAC system is not working properly, it can be often hard to tell, but these little tips are the first signs that it might be time for a new HVAC system:
Signs You Need a New Heating System
- Energy Bills Have Increased – You may not notice any problems with your heating system. However, if your energy bills keep increasing every month, then this may be caused by your heating system. A heating system has to work harder and use more energy if it is not functioning properly. That is why an increase in your energy bill is one of the first signs that you may notice if something is wrong with your heating system.
- Your Heating System is Noisy – If your heating system is making aggressive and loud noises, then this is a sign that something is wrong with one or more of the components. Your blowers, motors, and fans should work together without producing a lot of noise.
- You Have Been Neglecting Maintenance – Yearly maintenance is recommended in order to keep your heating system functioning at its peak. Maintenance is something that many people tend to ignore. They think that if their heating system is working fine, then there is no need for maintenance. However, if you neglect regular tune, then your heating system will eventually break down. By keeping your regular appointments, we can spot minor issues and fix them as needed. However, by neglecting these maintenance appointments, you are neglecting these, and they will continue to get worse if they are not fixed.
- The Repair Costs Are Adding Up – When many people have problems with their heating system, they keep getting them repaired. However, if the repair costs are starting to add up, then it is probably more affordable to just bite the bullet and get the upgrade to a new system. Furthermore, repairing an old HVAC system can add up, and isn’t helping you efficiently heat your home.
- It Takes Longer to Heat Your Home – If it is taking a long time for your home to reach the desired temperature, then it may be time for you to get a new heating system. This is a sign that your system is aging. Just like most home appliances, there is a lifespan on your system. Once it reaches that lifespan, heating your home will become difficult and more costly.
- The Air Quality is Poor – Your heating system does a lot more than just warm your home. It has filters that are responsible for removing mold, allergens, and dust from the air. If your heating system is not working properly, then these things will continue to circulate throughout the air and your indoor air quality will suffer. Poor air quality can affect your health, too. Respiratory problems, such as allergies and asthma, can all be caused by poor air quality.
- Your Heating System is Old – Your heating system may seem like it is working properly. However, if it is over 10-years-old, then it is time for you to get a new one. Older systems are not made to be as energy efficient as newer models, costing you more money than it should.
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
You may be able to save up to 40 percent on your energy bill by getting a new heating system. This can help you save thousands of dollars per year. A new heating system can help you save time and money. If your heating system is old, making noises, lacking maintenance, frequently needing repairs or taking too long to warm your home, then it is time to call your local HVAC technician for service!
Call Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air today at (864) 641-4011 or contact us online if your heater isn’t working as effectively as it should be. We can provide you with high-quality heating system installations in Greenville!