Toilet Repair in Greenville
Your Toilet Should be Running Correctly—Not Running All the Time
Toilet problems: we’ve all experienced them, and we all know they’re not fun. Your toilet is one of the essential parts of your plumbing system, one that you use every day and that needs to be in working order for the sake of your entire household. That’s why when this fixture starts to malfunction and the plunger won’t do the trick, it is important to contact an experienced professional ASAP.
Luckily, our experienced plumbers at Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air are always here to make your life easier. We provide expert toilet repair in Greenville to fix the problem and restore your bathroom to normal before you know it. Our certified plumbing team is equipped with all the necessary tools and technology to handle a range of toilets, and our industry-leading services can repair models new and old. We are screened and approved by Angie’s List and accredited with the Better Business Bureau, so you already know you can count on our work to be long-lasting and effective. And with five-star reviews from customers in Greenville, SC, and beyond, there’s no better company to call when your toilet’s malfunctioning than Waldrop Plumbing– Heating – Air.
For quality toilet repair in Greenville, dial (864) 536-0887 now.
Our Greenville Toilet Repair Services
Common toilet issues can range from the mundane, like constant running and minor clogs, to the severe, like pooling water and overflowing. The important thing is that no matter why your toilet is malfunctioning, you address it sooner rather than later. If you can’t take care of the problem yourself, contact our Greenville toilet repair pros. We will do everything in our power to not only fix your current issue but ensure more complications don’t occur in the future.
Our Greenville toilet repair team at Waldrop can take care of:
- Persistent clogs: If your toilet keeps clogging, even after you’ve used a plunger, Waldrop should be able to take care of it. Our skilled plumbing technicians offer cutting-edge snaking that can penetrate clogs deep in your line. We will also check the trap to see if there is anything stuck back there, and we can even take a look at your system’s roof vent if necessary. If the problem lies deeper in your sewer line, we will bring out the advanced methods needed to make necessary repairs. Just remember, you can avoid clogs by not flushing things like cotton balls, tampons, pads, and other paper products down the toilet. Even so-called “flushable wipes” are extremely dangerous. Bottom line: when it comes to flushing, stick to regular toilet paper.
- Shower problems: If you always get a blast of cold water in the shower when someone flushes the toilet elsewhere in your house, it could be a problem with the supply valve. This issue is particularly common in older homes, but that doesn’t mean you have to put up with it. If you are sick of flushing ruining your hot shower, Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air will do everything we can to make grade-A improvements to your toilet.
- Overflowing: An overflowing toilet can be a nightmare—no homeowner wants to deal with this. Our plumbers will get to the source of the issue, whether it’s because of a blocked drain, an obstructed vent pipe, or an issue with the float. Remember, if your toilet does start overflowing, don’t just sit around waiting for it to stop. Find the water supply line at the bottom of the bowl and turn its valve counterclockwise to prevent more spillage. You should also put towels down around the toilet base, so the water does not seep into your flooring.
- Leaks & pooling water: If water is pooling around your toilet bowl, chances are you are dealing with some kind of a leak. Our plumbing pros will check the tightness of your toilet tank bolts, fill valve/ballcock, mounting nut, and supply tube coupling nut. If any of these components are loose, we will tighten them and replace the washers. You could also be dealing with a worn-out wax ring that no longer seals around the base of your toilet. We may replace either the wax ring or the base itself, depending on the severity of the issue. Beware, however, the more cracked your unit is, the greater the chance that we will have to replace the whole thing.
- A stuck toilet handle: If your toilet handle refuses to budge, there’s a good chance it’s because the mounting nut inside the tank has built up lime and sediment over time. We can clean this part for you and inspect the rest of your toilet tank to see if we need to make any necessary mechanical replacements.
The life span of the average toilet is approximately 15 years. However, your toilet will not last that long if you fail to call for necessary repairs and maintenance. Watch out for common signs that something is wrong, such as clogging, running, and leaking, and do not hesitate to contact Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air for a thorough inspection of your toilet. We promise, no matter what the problem is, we’ll get to the bottom of it!
When It Comes to Toilets, You Can Always Trust Waldrop!
With over 50 years of experience in the home services industry, you can always trust Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air to take care of your toilet. Our certified experts offer a range of plumbing services, including environmentally-friendly solutions. Hire us today, and you can receive available specials and financing options.
Toilet Repair FAQs
CAN I USE DRAIN CLEANER TO UNCLOG A TOILET?
Consumer drain cleaners tend to be quite corrosive and can generate heat as they work. As a result, these chemicals can strip the finish from your toilet, damage the porcelain, or harm your drain pipes. If plunging, soaking overnight, or hot water is not enough to clear the clog, it is best to call a plumber for professional drain cleaning services. Our experts at Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air have all the equipment to remove clogs safely, and we will respond quickly anywhere in Greer or the surrounding communities.
WHY IS MY TOILET LEAKING AT THE BASE?
Make sure the closet bolts that secure the toilet to the flange are not loose. If they are, carefully snug them down but avoid supplying enough force to crack the porcelain. If the leak remains, the wax ring may have failed and will need to be replaced by a professional.
WHY IS MY TOILET CONSTANTLY RUNNING?
If the flapper valve at the bottom of the tank is leaking, water will constantly flow into the bowl, forcing the fill valve to open and refill the tank. If this is happening in your South Carolina home, call our team at Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air for cost-effective, reliable toilet repair services.
SHOULD I UPGRADE TO A LOW-FLOW TOILET?
With flushes that are 1.6 gallons or less, compared to the 2 to 5 gallons of older toilets, you can save significant amounts of water by upgrading. Not only will this help to conserve resources, but it can also reduce your water bills considerably. Plus, today’s water-conserving toilets offer much better performance than earlier versions.
HOW CAN I PREVENT TOILET CLOGS?
Avoid flushing anything but waste and toilet paper. Even occasional or accidental flushing of items like paper towels, baby wipes, “flushable” moist wipes, hygiene products, or foreign objects like toys and keys can cause serious clogs.
Would you like more answers to your toilet repair questions? Call Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air at (864) 536-0887 or contact us online to speak with our experts in Greer, South Carolina today!
Waldrop has taken care of our HVAC since our house was built (2006). We get maintenance twice a year - spring and fall. This year, Kevin suggested the Phenomenal Aire unit. It cleans the air of pollen, dust, VIRUS GERMS, bacteria, etc. It has no replaceable parts and requires no maintenance - just a...- Sammy Greenville, SC
Had the best experience with Waldrop, we will forever be in their debt. Not only the most professional group of men but the most honest, stand by your word company! I would recommend Waldrop to any and all of my family and friends. I want to give a special thank you to Vince, Trinity and Jason, than...- Cheryl Marietta, SC
A friend recommended Waldrop after he had a visit last week. Our A/C was not cooling as well as it should, and the Split "Smart" thermostat was doing crazy things on the first and 2nd floor. Josh of Waldrop came out same afternoon we called and got everything straightened out, and did some extra cle...- KarmannGT SIMPSONVILLE, SC
Some people in the business said that I didn’t want Waldrop’s because they were the most expensive. However, of the three I contacted, it was Vince with Waldrop’s who came promptly to the house, did an inspection of the house, took photos, and explained what would be done. I was impressed with...- DB410em Spartanburg, SC
This is the first time we used Waldrop and we had a great experience start to finish. They installed HVAC system for our bonus room area and from the estimate through installation they were very detail oriented. The project consultant took extensive notes and pictures about the project and what we w...- Tom B. Greenville, SC
Office called beforehand to confirm and my technician Josh R was actually a few minutes early. He greeted me in a professional manner while donning his shoe covers. He asked me if there were any issues I had noticed recently, and described the interior work he was about to perform. A few minutes lat...- Alan F. Greenville, SC
Daniel W did a great job for us today, replacing a water heater. He was prompt, professional, and very thorough. This is the type of service we have come to expect from Waldrop, it is always a pleasure dealing with this company. We reported our problem to the company last night and were called promp...- Jo Q. Greenville, SC
Jason & Brent were very courteous, always kept us informed and you hardly knew they were around. They made sure that each day everything was neat and cleaned up. . They were well informed with what the salesman, Jared and I had agreed on. When they had questions they followed my suggestion’s c...- Bob C. Greenville, SC
The Waldrop crew was at my home at the scheduled time. They worked together like a well oiled machine to install a new gas pack heat/air system plus a mini heat/air unit for an area of the house which previously neither heated nor cooled efficiently. They replaced and added ducts underneath the hous...- Sibyl M. Greenville, SC
Waldrop have added another very satisfied customer and another local company lost us due to poor communication, wrong diagnosis and seemingly couldn't care less attitude. Josh arrived spot on the time arranged the evening before by courteous office staff and quickly determined the main problem toget...- George L. Greenville, SC
Very good experience throughout a difficult process. Charlie was my first contact. He listened as I explained the situation with my AC and told me exactly what he was going to do and what I could expect going forward. Regina contacted me on the schedule and called when the technician was going to be...- Don K. Greenville, SC
Waldrop has NEVER failed to do an excellent job!!! Not only are the Techs expert in what they do, they are personable, have awesome attitudes and relate well to their customers. The last time our Tech, Josh was here in March to get us ready for summer I was in a hospital bed in our home suffering fr...- Cherie O. Greenville, SC
I had the most wonderful opportunity to meet Jeff at the Spartanburg Home and Garden show. He spent a lot of time talking to me about different thermostats and was so patient, answering questions my Mom and I had. When it came time to install, Gavin was great on making sure the guys were on their wa...- Laura M. Greenville, SC
family The Waldrop Family
Repairs for plumbing, heating, and air conditioning can be expensive. When summer or winter hit and you realize your AC or heating doesn’t work, it’s a little late to wait for a service company to fit your repair into their schedule. This also rings true for plumbing repairs that could have been prevented with regular maintenance. With Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air’s Family Service Plan, you get priority customer status, so your repairs are finished sooner, and at a lower cost! For preventative heating, cooling, and plumbing, service in Greenville and Spartanburg, there’s no better option than Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air.