AC Repair in Greenville, SC
24/7 Air Conditioning Repair Available in Greenville County
South Carolina summers are no joke. If the heat and humidity start to swelter and give you that dizzy feeling, it may be time to call the air conditioning repair specialists at Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air. With services ranging from duct repair to unit replacement, we have what you need to make your summer a pleasant one with fast service and unbeatable customer care.
For over 50 years, we have been South Carolina’s trusted air conditioner service provider. Our skilled NATE-certified technicians have helped thousands of customers throughout Greenville County and Spartanburg County and can help take care of any air conditioning issues you may be facing.
4 Common AC Problems in Greenville
After decades of helping our South Carolina communities with their HVAC systems and equipment, we have seen just about everything that can go wrong with an air conditioning system. Our experience can help you get your home back to comfortable levels faster.
Signs your AC needs repair include:
- Air conditioner not blowing cold air — This problem can be caused by a bad compressor, low or leaking refrigerant, or even damaged electrical contacts. If the compressor has gone bad, it will no longer be able to change the state of the outside air, which is how cooling occurs. Many people opt to replace their units altogether since replacing a compressor can be expensive.
- Air conditioner won’t turn on — This is usually an electrical issue. Something is causing the circuit not to complete itself. Wiring and contacts are the most likely culprits in these situations. The problem could also be caused by a faulty thermostat.
- Some rooms cooler than others — So long as the unit itself is working, chances are unevenly cooled rooms have to do more with the ductwork. We offer duct repairs and replacements to help your home be more comfortable throughout.
- Your energy bill has spiked — Have you noticed that your energy bill has gone way up, but your home still isn’t cool enough? Don’t settle for paying more money for less comfort; if your AC is constantly running but isn’t cooling your home, this is a sign that your AC is not operating efficiently and either needs to be serviced or replaced.
Why Choose Waldrop for Air Conditioning Repair?
Waldrop has been serving the greater Greenville area for over 50 years. We strive to deliver exceptional service every time you call for air conditioning needs. Our team of NATE-certified technicians is trained to go above and beyond for every one of our customers, which is why we have consistent five-star reviews. We also use environmentally friendly techniques whenever possible to ensure we are not only protecting your home but also the natural world.
If you have an air conditioning repair need in Greenville, SC, you can trust the experts at Waldrop. Contact us at (864) 641-4011 or contact us online to schedule your repair.
Air Conditioning Repair FAQs
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY AIR CONDITIONER IS NOT COOLING?
If your AC is not getting cool, turn it off and call us for AC repair. If the outdoor unit is starting to freeze, and you continue to run the system, you could cause even more costly damage.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY AIR CONDITIONER IF I DON’T HAVE IT SERVICED?
Routine maintenance is vital to protecting your air conditioner and preventing the need for repair. If you do not have regular service done, then your system may get full of dirt and debris. This affects its efficiency and can even lead to repair problems. Investing in AC maintenance is protection against unwanted AC repair.
HOW LONG DO AC REPAIRS TAKE?
On average, an air conditioning repair will take between two to six hours. The total time for your repair may vary depending on the type of repair you need. At Waldrop, we strive to work quickly but accurately, so you can get back to enjoying your home fully.
CAN MY AIR CONDITIONER MAKE ME SICK?
Air conditioners are critical during the hot, muggy South Carolina summers, but did you know that when improperly maintained, they may actually contribute to illness?
Here are some things to be aware of so that you can stay on top of your AC … and your health!
- Dirty air filters can allow your air conditioner to blow dust, mold, bacteria, and other contaminants around your home. Be sure to replace your AC filters at least every couple of months.
- Keep your AC temperature reasonable. Not only does this reduce wear and tear on your unit by reducing the amount of time it runs, but it can also alleviate dry skin and nasal passages.
- Consider adding a whole-home filtration system so that every time you run your AC, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re breathing clean, healthy air.
HOW DO I KEEP MY AIR CONDITIONER FROM FREEZING UP?
It may seem odd, but air conditioners can actually freeze on a scorching hot day. How? Air conditioners work by taking in warm air, using refrigerant to lower its temperature, and then exchanging that cooled air for the warmer air in your home. When some part of that system falls out of balance, the evaporator coil can cause the refrigerant to cool too much. The result is that ice can form on your coil and cause the AC to stop working. The most common cause of AC freezes is restricted airflow due to dirty HVAC filters. If you suspect that your AC has frozen, you will need to turn off the system and allow it to thaw.
Here are some preventative measures you can take to reduce the chance of a frozen AC:
- Change your air filter regularly (about once a month)
- Have your refrigerant level checked
- Inspect your condensate drain for clogs regularly
- Ensure that all of your supply vents are open
- Ask your AC technician about increasing the fan speed
- Never skip your annual maintenance appointment
WHY IS MY AC LEAKING?
Have you noticed a leak from your air conditioner? There are many possible causes, and all of them require the attention of a professional AC repair technician. Air conditioner leaks won’t resolve themselves, so make sure to call Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air as soon as you notice a problem.
Air conditioner leaks can be caused by:
- Low refrigerant, which causes the evaporator coil to freeze over and leak condensation into the drain pan.
- A dirty air filter can also cause an evaporator coil freeze leading to excess water.
- A clogged condensate drain line can be fixed by using a wet/dry vac to remove built-up dirt, dust, mold, etc.
- A rusted or damaged drain pan no longer catches condensation and should be replaced.
Check out these blogs if you’re interested in learning more about how you can prep your air conditioner in the spring and what you can expect from an AC service call!
Waldrop has taken care of our HVAC since our house was built (2006). We get maintenance twice a year - spring and fall. This year, Kevin suggested the Phenomenal Aire unit. It cleans the air of pollen, dust, VIRUS GERMS, bacteria, etc. It has no replaceable parts and requires no maintenance - just a...- Sammy Greenville, SC
Had the best experience with Waldrop, we will forever be in their debt. Not only the most professional group of men but the most honest, stand by your word company! I would recommend Waldrop to any and all of my family and friends. I want to give a special thank you to Vince, Trinity and Jason, than...- Cheryl Marietta, SC
A friend recommended Waldrop after he had a visit last week. Our A/C was not cooling as well as it should, and the Split "Smart" thermostat was doing crazy things on the first and 2nd floor. Josh of Waldrop came out same afternoon we called and got everything straightened out, and did some extra cle...- KarmannGT SIMPSONVILLE, SC
Some people in the business said that I didn’t want Waldrop’s because they were the most expensive. However, of the three I contacted, it was Vince with Waldrop’s who came promptly to the house, did an inspection of the house, took photos, and explained what would be done. I was impressed with...- DB410em Spartanburg, SC
This is the first time we used Waldrop and we had a great experience start to finish. They installed HVAC system for our bonus room area and from the estimate through installation they were very detail oriented. The project consultant took extensive notes and pictures about the project and what we w...- Tom B. Greenville, SC
Office called beforehand to confirm and my technician Josh R was actually a few minutes early. He greeted me in a professional manner while donning his shoe covers. He asked me if there were any issues I had noticed recently, and described the interior work he was about to perform. A few minutes lat...- Alan F. Greenville, SC
Daniel W did a great job for us today, replacing a water heater. He was prompt, professional, and very thorough. This is the type of service we have come to expect from Waldrop, it is always a pleasure dealing with this company. We reported our problem to the company last night and were called promp...- Jo Q. Greenville, SC
Jason & Brent were very courteous, always kept us informed and you hardly knew they were around. They made sure that each day everything was neat and cleaned up. . They were well informed with what the salesman, Jared and I had agreed on. When they had questions they followed my suggestion’s c...- Bob C. Greenville, SC
The Waldrop crew was at my home at the scheduled time. They worked together like a well oiled machine to install a new gas pack heat/air system plus a mini heat/air unit for an area of the house which previously neither heated nor cooled efficiently. They replaced and added ducts underneath the hous...- Sibyl M. Greenville, SC
Waldrop have added another very satisfied customer and another local company lost us due to poor communication, wrong diagnosis and seemingly couldn't care less attitude. Josh arrived spot on the time arranged the evening before by courteous office staff and quickly determined the main problem toget...- George L. Greenville, SC
Very good experience throughout a difficult process. Charlie was my first contact. He listened as I explained the situation with my AC and told me exactly what he was going to do and what I could expect going forward. Regina contacted me on the schedule and called when the technician was going to be...- Don K. Greenville, SC
Waldrop has NEVER failed to do an excellent job!!! Not only are the Techs expert in what they do, they are personable, have awesome attitudes and relate well to their customers. The last time our Tech, Josh was here in March to get us ready for summer I was in a hospital bed in our home suffering fr...- Cherie O. Greenville, SC
I had the most wonderful opportunity to meet Jeff at the Spartanburg Home and Garden show. He spent a lot of time talking to me about different thermostats and was so patient, answering questions my Mom and I had. When it came time to install, Gavin was great on making sure the guys were on their wa...- Laura M. Greenville, SC
family The Waldrop Family
Repairs for plumbing, heating, and air conditioning can be expensive. When summer or winter hit and you realize your AC or heating doesn’t work, it’s a little late to wait for a service company to fit your repair into their schedule. This also rings true for plumbing repairs that could have been prevented with regular maintenance. With Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air’s Family Service Plan, you get priority customer status, so your repairs are finished sooner, and at a lower cost! For preventative heating, cooling, and plumbing, service in Greenville and Spartanburg, there’s no better option than Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air.