AC Repair in Greenville, SC
Quality 24/7 Air Conditioning Services in Greenville County
South Carolina summers are no joke. If the heat and humidity start to swelter and give you that dizzy feeling, it may be time to call the air conditioning repair specialists at Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air. With services ranging from duct repair to unit replacement, we have what you need to make your summer a pleasant one with fast service and unbeatable customer care.
For 50 years, we have been South Carolina’s trusted air conditioner service provider. Our skilled NATE-certified technicians have helped thousands of customers throughout Greenville County and Spartanburg County and can help take care of any air conditioning issues you may be facing.
Need help with air conditioning repair in Greenville? Call the specialists at Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air at (864) 641-4011 today.
Common Air Conditioner Unit Problems
After decades of helping our South Carolina communities with their HVAC systems and equipment, we have seen just about everything that can go wrong with an air conditioning system. Our experience can help you get your home back to comfortable levels faster.
Common signs your AC needs repair include:
- Air conditioner not blowing cold air—This problem can be caused by a bad compressor, low or leaking refrigerant, or even damaged electrical contacts. If the compressor has gone bad, it will no longer be able to physically change the state of the outside air, which is how cooling occurs. Many people opt to replace their units altogether since replacing a compressor can be expensive.
- Air conditioner won’t turn on—This is usually an electrical issue. Something is causing the circuit to not complete itself. Wiring and contacts are the most likely culprits in these situations. The problem could also be caused by a faulty thermostat.
- Some rooms cooler than others—So long as the unit itself is working, chances are unevenly cooled rooms have to do more with the ductwork. We offer duct repair/replacement to help your home be more comfortable throughout.
- Your energy bill has spiked—Have you noticed that your energy bill has gone way up, but your home still isn't cool enough? Don't settle for paying more money for less comfort; if your AC is constantly running but it isn't cooling your home, this is a sign that your AC is not operating efficiently and either needs to be serviced or replaced.
Preventive maintenance is key to a healthy air conditioner.
Sign up for our Perfect Protection Plan to start enjoying peace of mind today!
Can My AC Make Me Sick?
Air conditioners are critical during the hot, muggy South Carolina summers, but did you know that when improperly maintained, they may actually contribute to illness?
Here are some things to be aware of so that you can stay on top of your AC... and your health!
- Dirty air filters can allow your air conditioner to blow dust, mold, bacteria, and other contaminants around your home. Be sure to replace your AC filters at least every couple of months.
- Keep your AC temperature reasonable. Not only does this reduce wear and tear on your unit by reducing the amount of time it runs, it also can alleviate dry skin and nasal passages.
- Consider adding a whole-home filtration system so that every time you run your AC, you can have peace of mind knowing that you're breathing clean, healthy air.
How Do I Keep My Air Conditioner From Freezing Up?
It may seem odd, but air conditioners can actually freeze on a scorching hot day. How? Air conditioners work by taking in warm air, using refrigerant to lower its temperature, and then exchanging that cooled air for the warmer air in your home. When some part of that system falls out of balance, the evaporator coil can cause the refrigerant to cool too much. The result is that ice can form on your coil and cause the AC to stop working. The most common cause of AC freezes is restricted airflow due to dirty HVAC filters. If you suspect that your AC has frozen, you will need to turn off the system and allow it to thaw.
Here are some preventative measures you can take to reduce the chance of a frozen AC:
- Change your air filter regularly (about once a month)
- Have your refrigerant level checked
- Inspect your condensate drain for clogs regularly
- Ensure that all of your supply vents are open
- Ask your AC technician about increasing the fan speed
- Never skip your annual maintenance appointment
Why is My AC Leaking?
Have you noticed a leak from your air conditioner? There are many possible causes, and all of them require the attention of a professional Greenville SC AC repair technician. Air conditioner leaks won't resolve themselves, so make sure to call Waldrop Plumbing – Heating – Air as soon as you notice a problem.Air conditioner leaks can be caused by:
- Low refrigerant, which causes the evaporator coil to freeze over and leak condensation into the drain pan.
- A dirty air filter, which can also cause an evaporator coil freeze leading to excess water.
- A clogged condensate drain line, which can be fixed by using a wet/dry vac to remove built up dirt, dust, mold, etc.
- A rusted or damaged drain pan, which no longer catches condensation and should be replaced.
Waldrop has taken care of our HVAC since our house was built!- Sammy
To the best team...Waldrop!- Cheryl
Great expderience- KarmannGT
Courteous, knowledgeable, and professional- DB410em
Very courteous, always kept us informed.- Bob C.
Experience the Convenience
Keep your HVAC systems running in perfect condition with our Home Protection Plans.Maintenance Plan
Need Help with Financing?
We provide our customers options to make sure your home receives the service it needs.Financing Options
See Our Service Areas
Our team of professionals provide our services throughout the state of South Carolina.Areas We Serve
NATE Certified Technicians Giving 5 Star Service
Strive for Real Solutions to Your Issues
Delivering the Waldrop Difference
We Care About the Environment
Highly-Skilled & Attentive Service
Giving Individualized Care
In 2020 we'll be celebrating our 50th year of service, and our main focus will continue to be your indoor comfort. Customer service is our #1 priority, and our team of professionals always working for you!